Pita panzanella with pomegranate vinaigrette and soft-cooked eggs
20 – 30 Minutes
Our Eastern Mediterranean spin on the classic Tuscan bread salad includes beets, sumac, and an easy vinaigrette made with sweet-tart pomegranate molasses.
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 red onion
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- Pomegranate vinaigrette base (balsamic vinegar - pomegranate molasses)
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, using a serrated knife, cut the cooked eggs in half lengthwise (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Cook the eggs
While the water heats and the eggs cook, prepare the pita bread and almonds.
Prep and toast the pita bread and almonds
- Tear the pita bread into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
While the pita bread and almonds cook, prepare the salad.
Make the pomegranate vinaigrette and the salad
- Peel and thinly slice enough red onion to measure 1 cup.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off excess liquid; cut the beets into ½-inch wedges.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars (Pomegranate molasses): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans