In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Poached cod in tomato broth with potatoes and raisins
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
This Sicilian dish features a unique combination of fresh vegetables, fish, and raisins. The dried fruit brings moments of sweetness to the savory broth.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces organic gold or red new potatoes
- Sun Basket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
Calories: 460, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Poach the fish
- Using a peeler, remove the zest in wide strips from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leave behind the bitter white pith. Juice half the lemon; set aside the juice for finishing the dish. Cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Remove the zest from 1 lemon, then juice it; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Set aside three-fourths of the onion for the tomato broth.
Prep the potatoes; cook the vegetables and broth
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
Add the tomato base and 1½ cups [2½ cups] reserved fish poaching liquid and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the flavors come together and the vegetables are just tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Finish the dish
- Juice the lemon.
- Divide the onion.
- Scrub the potatoes.