In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Poached cod with salsa verde
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Our fragrant basil pesto, along with almonds and olive oil, brings Mediterranean flavor to this 20-minute paleo fish stew.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- Sunbasket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 620, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 1020mg (44% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the carrots and lemon
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 1½-inch pieces.
- Zest half the lemon for the salsa verde, then cut into wedges for garnish. Juice the remaining half; set aside for the carrots and fish. [Zest 1 lemon and cut into wedges. Juice 1 lemon.]
Cook the carrots and fish
- Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Add the fish, reduce to a simmer, and cook, gently turning the fish halfway through, until the carrots are just tender and the fish is opaque and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the carrots and fish cook, prepare the salsa verde.
Make the salsa verde
- If desired, rinse the capers, then coarsely chop them.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits. Set aside for garnish.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the salsa verde.
- Garnish with the olives.