In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Poc chuc pork chops with refried beans and mango salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
With traditional Yucatecan grilled pork as our inspiration, we marinate juicy chops in citrus, then pan-fry them and top off the meat with pickled onion for full Mayan flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Sunbasket citrus marinade (orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic mango
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
Calories 650, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 33g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 49g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Marinate the pork
- Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] citrus marinade for the mango salad.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Make the mango salad
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise, then cut the fruit into thin slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the pork
- Remove the pork from the marinade, shaking off the excess.
While the pork cooks, prepare the refried beans.
Make the refried beans
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- Drain the pickled onion and transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out the pot.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the citrus marinade.
- Rinse the beans.
- Drain the pickled onion.