In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork and eggplant stir fry with green beans and basil
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Chinese eggplant has fewer seeds and a creamier texture than the Italian globe variety and takes very well to stir-frying. Well seared on the outside, silken in the center, it takes on the bold flavors of ginger and chiles in this colorful dish.
In your bag
- ¾ pound Chinese eggplant
- ½ pound green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ ounce fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper
- Fresh basil
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¾ pound pork shoulder strips
- 5 dried red chiles (optional)
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce (tamari-mirin-coconut vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Calories: 640, Protein: 42 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 39 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 700 mg, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Added Sugar: 3 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into quarters and then into 2-inch long pieces.
- Trim the stems from the green beans and cut the beans into 2-inch-long pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Remove the core and seeds from the bell pepper and cut lengthwise into thin strips.
- Chop the basil leaves. Discard the stems.
Toast the cashews
Cook the pork and eggplant
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
Stir fry the vegetables
Add another 1 teaspoon oil to the pan, and then add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bell peppers, green beans, as many of the dried chiles as you like, and ¼ cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the pork and eggplant back to the pan along with the stir-fry sauce, stir well to coat and then remove from the heat.
Add the sesame oil, and basil and stir to combine. Season with salt.