In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy pork and pineapple adobo over jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
With tangy vinegar, savory soy sauce, and sweet pineapple, this take on Filipino adobo hits all the right flavor notes and is a comforting dish for a weeknight.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup peas
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ pound chopped peeled pineapple
- Sunbasket adobo base (gluten-free tamari - champagne vinegar - balsamic vinegar)
Calories 740, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1560mg (68% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice and vegetables
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice and vegetables cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the pork and pineapple adobo
Add the pineapple, adobo base, and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is cooked through and the pineapple is warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice and adobo.
- Measure the onion.