In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork and shiitake nabe hot pot with yuba noodles
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Get to know the deep, warming flavors of an iconic Japanese dish, named for the pot (or “nabe”) in which it’s traditionally cooked.
In your bag
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 ounce kimchi (optional)
- 5 ounces organic shredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- ½ pound Hodo spicy yuba noodles
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach
Calories 710, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 1530mg (67% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 59g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; brown the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- If using, coarsely chop the kimchi for garnish.
Simmer the broth
Finish the dish
Stir in the carrots and spinach (the carrots will soften and the spinach will wilt in the residual heat of the broth); season to taste with salt and pepper.