In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork blade steak with chicory, apple and fennel salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
The tenderloin may be the beauty queen of pork cuts, but for this recipe Chef Justine goes for the rock star — the blade. Cut from the shoulder, it has a toothsome chew and rich flavor, especially when topped with a sage-infused butter sauce.
In your bag
- Boneless pork blade steak
- Pork rub (coriander - sweet paprika)
- Fresh sage
- Apple-cider vinegar
- Unsalted butter
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
Wash produce before use
Toast the walnuts
Cook the pork
- Season the steaks with the pork rub and salt and pepper.
- Chop the sage leaves.
Make the sage-butter sauce
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the fennel and discard the tough outer layer of the bulb. Trim the fennel fronds and reserve about 2 tablespoons. Cut the bulb into thin slices, transfer to a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Trim the root end of the chicory and discard the tough outer layers. Separate the leaves and cut them into 2-inch pieces.
- Core the apple and cut the fruit into thin slices.
Make the salad dressing
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Mince the reserved fennel fronds.