Pork blade steaks with roasted sweet potatoes and red-pepper salsa
paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Cut from the shoulder, pork blade steaks tend to be well-marbled. They’re loaded with flavor and cook up moist and tender.
- 1 pound Japanese sweet potatoes
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ cup pitted castelvetrano & kalamata olives
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pork blade steaks
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Prep the vegetables; roast the potatoes
- Scrub the potatoes; cut in half lengthwise and then into ½-inch half moons.
- Dice the roasted peppers.
- Coarsely chop the olives. Tear the mint leaves into rough pieces.
Make the salsa
Cook the pork
- Season the pork with the paprika, salt, and pepper.
Make the pan sauce
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 600, Protein: 33 g, Total Fat: 32 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates: 42 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 4 g, Sodium:950 mg