Pork carnitas tacos with avocado and cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
Pre-braised shredded pork shoulder delivers authentic taco-truck flavor to these easy carnitas tacos, which come together in about 30 minutes.
“ Very flavorful. We thoroughly enjoyed them!! ”
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 1 red onion
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total; see Market Watch note)
- 1 lime
- ¼ pound shredded cabbage (such as Savoy)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Carnitas spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
We love the crisp, cool texture and the peppery bite of radish in the slaw, but in winter, organic radishes can be hard to find. In their place, you might receive a crisp organic cucumber, or peppery baby arugula or watercress.
- If a cucumber, in Step 1, peel the cucumber, if desired, and cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice half the cuke crosswise into half-moons. Stir together with the other slaw ingredients.
- If baby arugula or watercress, trim off any coarse stems, then sprinkle the leaves on the tacos with the other garnishes in Step 5.
Calories: 770, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 18g (72% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 62g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.