In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork carnitas tacos with cabbage slaw and avocado
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Pre-braised shredded pork shoulder delivers authentic taco-truck flavor to these easy carnitas tacos, which come together in about 30 minutes.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- Carnitas spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic avocado
Calories 690, Total Fat 37g (57% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 250mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 43g (14% DV), Fiber 15g (60% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the carnitas
- In a large bowl, stir together the braised pork shoulder and carnitas spice blend. Season with salt and pepper.
While the carnitas cooks, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Juice the lime; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for the avocado.
Warm the tortillas
Prep the avocado
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss the cabbage slaw.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Toss the avocado with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Customize their own tacos.