In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork carnitas tacos with mojo and guacamole
2 Servings, 900 Calories/Serving
Pre-braised shredded pork shoulder delivers authentic taco-truck flavor to these easy carnitas tacos, which come together in about 15 minutes.
In your bag
- Sunbasket mojo (fresh orange juice - fresh lime juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket guacamole base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
Calories 900, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 1490mg (65% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 54g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the carnitas
- Set aside half the mojo for serving.
While the carnitas cook, prepare the guacamole.
Make the guacamole
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Coarsely chop half the cilantro; remove any coarse stems from the remaining cilantro and set aside the leaves for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- DIvide the mojo.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Mash and stir the guacamole.
- Customize their own tacos.