In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chop salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, and Caesar dressing
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free salad is a medley of texture and taste with garlicky, thyme-seasoned pork, toasty walnuts, and classic Caesar dressing for a dish that never goes out of style.
In your bag
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic romaine hearts or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
Calories: 680, Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the walnuts
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Prep the ingredients for the pork
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork into ½-inch pieces; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the pork
Stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] white wine (from your pantry) or water, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook until the pork is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Strip the thyme and parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing.
- Garnish the salad.