In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
One-pan pork chops and gravy with arugula and sliced peaches
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
For these one-pan smothered pork chops we use paleo-friendly arrowroot slurry and the juices from the pork to flavor the gravy. Peaches add a perfect little slice of summer.
In your bag
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 430, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the peaches and pork chops
- Cut the peaches into quarters lengthwise away from the pit.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In the same pan, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until starting to brown but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the peaches and pork brown, prepare the gravy ingredients.
Prep the gravy ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder, vegetable broth, and mustard to form a slurry.
Make the gravy; finish the pork
Stir the arrowroot slurry to recombine, then add the slurry to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the pork and 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, if using. Cook, turning the pork once, until it is still faintly pink within and the gravy has thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season the gravy to taste with salt and pepper.
While the pork and gravy cook, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-peach salad
- Cut the peaches into 1-inch-thick wedges.
- In a small bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Whisk the arrowroot slurry.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Toss the arugula-peach salad.