In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with apple chutney and root vegetable rumbledethumps
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
This is our healthy spin on a Scottish pub food classic: a root vegetable and cabbage mash served alongside pork chops topped with an easy apple chutney.
In your bag
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 1 organic rutabaga
- Sunbasket chutney base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - whole grain Dijon mustard)
- 1 organic turnip
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 480, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 46g (17% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 43g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the apple chutney
- Peel, core, and coarsely chop the apple.
- Trim the root end from the rutabaga; peel and coarsely chop the rutabaga. Set aside all but ½ cup [1 cup] rutabaga for the rumbledethumps.
Add the chutney base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rutabaga is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chutney cooks, prepare the rumbledethumps.
Prep and cook the rumbledethumps
- Peel the turnip and coarsely chop.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Drain the vegetables and return to the pot. Using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash the vegetables. Stir in half the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the rumbledethumps cooks, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Measure the rutabaga.
- Measure the water for the chutney.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish the pork.