In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with Corfu-style sweet potato bourdeto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
We looked to the Greek island of Corfu for inspiration and discovered a spicy tomato-based broth called bourdeto, used to cook sweet potato served with juicy pork.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic white or other sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 head organic escarole or other chicory lettuce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket smoky tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cayenne)
Calories 460, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root end from the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the sweet potato bourdeto
Add the vegetable broth and smoky tomato base, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the escarole, and stir until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the pork.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the sweet potato.