In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with fig-rosemary sauce and quinoa-endive salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Figs simmered in apple cider form the base for a wintry, tangy pan sauce in this gluten-free pork dinner; the pork is full of good-for-you nutrients like thiamin and vitamin B6.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 heads organic endive
- 3 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 1 ounce dried figs
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Calories 670, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 56g (20% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 49g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the endives; thinly slice the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
Make the fig sauce
- Trim the stems from the dried figs; cut the figs lengthwise into quarters.
Remove from the heat and, if desired, add 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] butter; stir until melted and the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the pork to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
Finish the quinoa salad
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Assemble the salad.
This sauce was like one from a four-star French restaurant. Definitely making this again! — Sunbasket customer Tabitha T.