In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with ginger-nectarine pan sauce and kale salad
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Five-spice powder adds instant layered flavor to the easy ginger-nectarine sauce in this elegant paleo and gluten-free dinner.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅜ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 2 organic nectarines or other stone fruit
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 5 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 450, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 230mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the sauce ingredients.
Prep the ginger-nectarine sauce ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar for the sauce; set aside the rest for the salad.
Cook the ginger-nectarine sauce
While the sauce cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the kale salad
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Measure the shallots and ginger.
- Measure the sherry vinegar.
- Toss the kale salad.