In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with ginger-nectarine pan sauce and kale salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Who doesn’t love a good melody? Featuring five-spice powder, savory pork chops, and a sweet ginger-nectarine sauce, this paleo dish sings with deep, aromatic flavor.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic nectarine or other stone fruit
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 5 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 430, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned but still faintly pink within, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce ingredients.
Prep the ginger-nectarine sauce ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar for the sauce; set aside the rest for the salad.
Cook the ginger-nectarine sauce
In the same pan used for the pork, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion, ginger, and half the five-spice powder and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the nectarine and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more five-spice powder, if desired. While the sauce is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the kale salad
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining sherry vinegar and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the celery and kale and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale salad and pork to individual plates. Top the pork with the ginger-nectarine sauce and serve.
- Time the pork.
- Measure the onion and ginger.
- Measure the sherry vinegar.
- Assemble the kale salad.
- Transfer the salad to plates.