In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with pear mostarda and wilted kale
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
These paleo pork chops transform into an elegant Italian dish with the help of pear mostarda, a sweet, tangy, chutney-like sauce that’s easily made ahead.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic red d’Anjou or other pear
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket mostarda base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound organic braising or other leafy greens
Calories 470, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 43g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the mostarda
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup]; set aside half for the greens.
- Cut the pear lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
Add the mostarda base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and the pear is tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on ripeness. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the mostarda cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the garlic and parsley.
Prep the garlic and parsley; cook the greens
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the mostarda.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.