In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with sherry vinaigrette pan sauce and sweet potato mash
Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In this Sunbasket twist on meat and potatoes, Chef Justine makes a fast pan sauce for pork chops with her sherry vinaigrette and serves them with a luscious sweet potato mash.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh parsley
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette (EVOO - sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard - honey - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 540, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [1 TBL]; set aside half for the sauce.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for the sauce.
While the potatoes cook, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the sauce ingredients.
Prep the remaining sauce ingredients; make the sauce
- Trim the ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] green parts for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Measure ¼ teaspoon [½ tsp] oregano for the sauce; save the rest for another use.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Measure the oregano.