In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork fried cauliflower “rice” with carrots, peas, and scallions
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
In this quicker-than-takeout dinner, cauliflower “rice” adds a healthy dose of fiber, while our umami stir-fry blend brings earthy depth.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup shelled peas
- Sunbasket umami stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - rice vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
Calories 610, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Start prepping the ingredients
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Set aside half the sesame seeds for garnish.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Start cooking your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the ginger and half the sesame seeds and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add your protein and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until your protein is lightly browned and almost cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp and 4 to 6 minutes for ground meat.
Cook the egg; finish cooking your protein
To the pan with your protein, stir in the egg and cook until just set and the protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cauliflower “rice,” carrots, and white parts of the scallions. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in your protein mixture and any accumulated juices, peas, and half the umami stir-fry blend (adding more to taste) and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls and garnish with the green parts of the scallions and remaining sesame seeds. Serve any remaining stir-fry blend on the side.
- Divide the sesame seeds in half.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds.