In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork katsu with black garlic mayo, wilted greens, and jasmine rice
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
With their crisp panko crust, these Japanese-style pork cutlets create a dinner worthy of a Tokyo izakaya, served with jasmine rice and mildly sweet black garlic mayo.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup panko
- 1 organic egg
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled black garlic
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s paleo mayo
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 800, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 175mg (58% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; cut the pork in half horizontally to create 4  thin cutlets; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On separate plates or shallow bowls, season the flour and panko with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the pork
Meanwhile, prepare the black garlic mayo.
Make the black garlic mayo
- Using the side of a knife or the back of a spoon, smash the black garlic into a paste.
Cook the kale
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough fresh garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Rinse the rice.
- Season the flour and panko; spread on plates.
- Stir the black garlic mayo.
- Press the fresh garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the fresh garlic.