Pork khao soi with rice noodles
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
Not found in most American Thai restaurants, khao soi is a favorite of northern Thailand. Our easy recipe makes this complex, gluten-free dish simple.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket khao soi curry paste (curry powder - New Mexican chiles - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - ground turmeric)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
If you have an extra couple of hours to get dinner on the table, instead of cooking the shredded pork in a frying pan in Step 2, spread the meat strands on a sheet pan and cook in a 250°F oven, stirring occasionally, until dehydrated and crisp on the outside and chewy within, 1½ to 2 hours.
Calories: 720, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.