In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork khao soi with rice noodles
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Not found in most American Thai restaurants, khao soi is a favorite of northern Thailand. Our easy recipe makes this complex, gluten-free dish simple.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket khao soi curry paste (curry powder - New Mexican chiles - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - ground turmeric)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 720, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the noodles cook, prepare the pork floss.
Prep and cook the pork floss
- Transfer the braised pork to a large bowl; using your hands or a fork, separate the meat into very thin strands. Season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the coconut broth.
Make the coconut broth
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
Stir in the coconut milk and ¼ cup [½ cup] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the broth is thickened slightly, 1 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the broth simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Separate the braised pork into strands.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the broth.
- Remove coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Garnish with the cilantro.