In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork with caramelized onion and rosemary-roasted root vegetables
Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Tender pork, hearty root vegetables, and onion slices all develop deep flavor when they meet a hot pan in this paleo meal that’s great for entertaining.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces total)
- 5 ounces turnips
- 3 or 4 carrots (about ½ pound total) (see Market Watch note)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
Calories: 570, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 34g, Added Sugars: (Honey): 17g (34% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the root vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes and turnips and trim the ends; cut the potatoes and turnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Roast the root vegetables
While the vegetables roast, prepare the pork.
Brown the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the onion, garlic, and thyme.
Caramelize the onion; finish the pork
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Measure the rosemary.
- Toss the root vegetables with honey, oil, and seasonings.
- Spread the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Strip the thyme leaves.