In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roast pork chops and delicata squash with pear-date chutney
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
The mild taste of pork makes it a natural partner for fruit chutney in this paleo sheet pan dinner.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic delicata squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1½ ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket chutney base (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - whole grain Dijon mustard)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Nutrition per serving
Calories 580, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 210mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 59g (21% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 32g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the squash
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
Prep the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel.
Roast the squash and pork
While the squash and pork roast, prepare the chutney.
Make the chutney
- Core and cut the pear into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
While the chutney cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the garnishes; finish the chutney
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Scoop out the delicata squash seeds.
- Measure the shallots, ginger, and cilantro.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the cilantro.