Roast pork chops and delicata squash with pear-date chutney
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
The mild taste of pork makes it a natural partner for fruit chutney in this paleo sheet pan dinner.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic delicata squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1½ ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket chutney base (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - whole grain Dijon mustard)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Urfa chiles come from southeastern Turkey. They grow purple on the vine, then turn a deep burgundy when dried. Smoky-sweet and only moderately hot, they have an almost raisin-like flavor with notes of chocolate and tobacco.
Make It Ahead
The chutney (Steps 4 and 5, minus the prep for the cilantro and parsley garnish) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the chutney, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, as you proceed with Steps 1 through 3 and chop the cilantro and parsley garnish.
Calories: 580, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 32g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.