Roast pork chops and delicata squash with pear-date chutney
paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Sheet pan dinners are all the rage, and for good reason—they cut down on time in the kitchen and cleanup. We also love the scents of the squash and pork roasting together. Delicata is another of our favorite time-savers, as the squash’s delicate skin requires no peeling. While the pork and squash roast, our easy chutney simmers on the stove and helps bring the flavors together.
- 1 delicata squash
- Two 6-ounce boneless pork loin chops
- 1 pear
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Fresh ginger
- 2 Medjool dates (with pits)
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Urfa biber chile flakes (optional)
- Chutney seasoning blend (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - whole grain mustard)
Prep and cook the squash and pork
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Cut the halves into ½-inch-thick half-moons. In a medium bowl, toss the squash with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; rub all over with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
While the squash and pork roast, prepare the chutney.
Prep the chutney ingredients
- Cut the pear into quarters, cut away the core, then cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside for garnish.
Cook the chutney
Add the chutney seasoning, dates, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 650, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 115 mg, Carbohydrates: 70 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar (Maple Syrup): 9 g, Sodium: 780 mg