In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork mee goreng with fresh ramen and eggs
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
With a name that means “fried noodles,” this popular Malaysian street food is one you can easily make at home thanks to our sweet-spicy house-made sauce.
In your bag
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 2 organic eggs
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 organic white onion
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket mee goreng blend (gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - sambal oelek - ketchup - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
Calories: 610, Protein: 49g (98% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 240mg (80% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
While the ramen cooks, prepare the eggs.
Prep and cook the eggs
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Prep and cook the pork
- Cut a small corner from the pork packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the pork cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; start the mee goreng
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
While the onion and scallions cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the mee goreng
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano crosswise on the diagonal. Set aside half for garnish. Wash your hands after handling.
Stir in the mee goreng blend and the pork and any accumulated juices and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the pork is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the scrambled eggs. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the ramen.
- Measure the onion.
- Sprinkle with the scallions.