In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork sugo with orecchiette and baby kale salad
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
This sugo is quick to prepare but boasts slow-cooked flavor, with aromatic fresh oregano complementing our top-shelf ready-braised pork.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 cup organic milk
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1½ teaspoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ pound organic baby kale or other leafy greens such as spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
Calories 730, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
- Save one-fourth of the braised pork shoulder for another use; let the remaining pork come to room temperature.
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the pork sugo.
Cook the pork sugo
- Measure ½ cup [1 cup] milk; save the rest for another use.
- Strip enough oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop enough to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Save any remaining oregano for another use.
Add the pork, stirring to break it up with a wooden spoon. Add the tomatoes, ½ cup [1 cup] milk, and ¼ cup water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the orecchiette and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the sugo simmers, prepare the parsley and the kale salad.
Prep the parsley; make the kale salad
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Juice half the lemon; save the other lemon half for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Measure the milk.
- Strip the oregano and parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the salad.