Pork sugo with orecchiette and baby kale salad
20 – 35 Minutes
This sugo is quick to prepare but boasts slow-cooked flavor, with aromatic fresh oregano complementing our top-shelf ready-braised pork.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 cup organic milk
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1½ teaspoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ pound organic baby kale or other leafy greens such as spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
In Step 1, the remaining braised pork can be rewarmed the next day for a pulled pork sandwich: in a small bowl, toss the meat with a bit of your favorite barbecue sauce, season lightly with salt and pepper, and nestle it on a bun with a little slaw, avocado, and/or pickled red onions. Or cover the pork and freeze it for up to 1 month.
Calories: 730, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.