In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork with bacon-braised escarole and charred grapes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Something wonderful happens when escarole hits the braising pot. The sturdy leaves turn silken and soft and the bitter taste gets slightly sweeter while still retaining its punch. Here the greens stand up to the smoky flavor of the bacon and keep the sweetness of the grapes from taking over the dish.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce pork loins
- 1 teaspoon pork seasoning (smoked paprika - garlic powder)
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1½ ounces applewood smoked bacon
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 ounces escarole
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Calories 600, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 980mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 31g (11% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Protein 50g
Wash produce before use
Cook the pork
- Rub the pork with the pork seasoning and season with salt.
Prep the grapes, bacon, and vegetables
- Remove the stems from the grapes.
- Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel the shallots and thinly slice.
- Thinly slice the garlic.
Cook the grapes
Transfer the grapes to the sheet pan with the pork to keep warm while you prepare the escarole.
Braise the escarole