In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork with plum-fennel salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Fennel has a mild licorice flavor that Chef Justine likes with the red plums in this salad for pork chops and roast sweet potatoes. Her French-inspired pan sauce uses the caramelly drippings from the pork. For a strictly paleo version, skip the butter.
In your bag
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- Two 6-ounce pork loin chops
- 1 fennel bulb
- ½ pound red plums
- 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
Calories 650, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 830mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potatoes
- Trim the ends from the sweet potatoes; cut into ½-inch-thick, half-moons.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Make the salad
- Cut the fennel stalks from the bulb; thinly slice the bulb.
- Cut the plums into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Make the sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.