In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Portobello burgers with vegan Caesar dressing and tomato-almond salad
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Satisfying and delicious, these mushroom burgers cook up beautifully and super quick on the grill or stovetop. They’re served with our vegan Caesar dressing and a lux tomato salad tossed with Marcona almonds and barberries.
In your bag
- 2 organic portobello mushrooms
- 3 ounces grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon roasted almonds
- 1 organic romaine heart
- 1½ teaspoons barberries
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket vegan Caesar dressing (almond milk - cashew butter - fresh lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - vegan Worcestershire - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - fresh garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
Calories 650, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 890mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the portobello mushrooms
- Wipe the tops of the portobello mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems and using a spoon, gently scrape the black gills from the undersides of the caps.
- Season the mushrooms generously with salt and pepper.
While the mushrooms cook, prepare the salad.
Make the tomato-almond salad
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; remove 2  of the largest outer leaves to garnish the burgers; coarsely chop the remaining leaves to serve on the side.
Toast the buns
Assemble the burgers
- Wipe the portobello mushrooms.
- Scrape out the mushroom gills.
- Stir the tomato salad.
- Help assemble the burgers.