In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Portuguese bread-and-garlic soup with shrimp
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
We like to think of this as egg-drop soup by way of Portugal. The addition of both bread and shrimp make this hearty soup a particularly satisfying meal. The heat of the serrano chile varies from medium hot to extremely spicy. Chef Justine used only half of one when making this dish, and recommends you do the same, especially if the pepper is particularly large.
In your bag
- 1 shallot
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 1 teaspoon spice blend (oregano - coriander)
- 10 ounces wild gulf shrimp
- 1 cup chicken stock
Calories: 540, Protein: 32 g, Fiber: 0 g, Total Fat: 30 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 36 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and the egg
- Peel the shallot and cut into thin slices.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the top off the serrano (if using), cut in half lengthwise, remove the ribs and seeds, and then cut into thin strips.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
Make the croutons
Make the soup