In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Portuguese kale and red bean soup
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Piment d’espelette and smoked paprika add brilliant color and punch to this traditional Portuguese soup. Usually made with sausage, this vegetarian caldo verde is an easy, healthy one-pot comfort food
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Yukon gold potato
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon piment d’espelette (optional)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 cup red beans
- 1 ciabatta roll
Nutrition per serving
Calories 600, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 830mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 93g (34% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Protein 22g
Wash produce before use
Cook the onions
- Peel the onion, cut in half and finely chop.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop the all but half of 1 clove of garlic.
- Strip the thyme leaves from their stems and coarsely chop.
- Cut the potato into small cubes.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
Cook the soup; toast the ciabatta
- Strip the kale from the stems, finely chop the leaves and rinse under cold water.