In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with avocado and sambal mayo
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Wrap lean turkey burgers in crisp lettuce leaves with avocado and our secret sauce for a filling yet lean paleo meal.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 avocado
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 17g (85% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Wash produce before use
Prep the turkey burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the cucumber-radish salad.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the serrano. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the cucumber-radish salad, lettuce wraps, and toppings.
Make the cucumber-radish salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep the lettuce wraps and toppings
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce. Separate the large leaves for the burgers; save the rest for another use.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; thinly slice the tomato.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.