In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Provençal vegetable-bean soup with pistou
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Pistou is a French cousin of Italian pesto, without the nuts. It lifts the flavor of this vegetable soup, which gets protein from cannellini beans and umami from tomato paste. Just bear in mind that the pistou contains both kosher salt and (nicely salty) Parmesan, so go easy on any additional salt as you cook.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 ounces carrots
- 6 ounces turnips
- 3 ounces green beans
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- ½ pound Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket pistou (fresh basil - Parmesan - fresh garlic - salt - olive oil)
Calories: 570, Protein: 14 g, Fiber: 18 g, Total Fat: 32 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 1140 mg, Carbohydrates: 57 g, Added Sugars: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion, carrots, and turnips
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots into ¼-inch slices.
- Peel the turnips and trim off the ends; cut the turnips into ¼-inch slices.
Start the soup
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse the cannellini beans.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; cut the cabbage into ½-inch strips.
Finish the soup