In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Puerto Rican arroz con pollo
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
This Puerto Rican–inspired rice and chicken dish develops layers of flavor from our house-made tomatillo sauce and adobo spice blend.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket adobo spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - cumin - sweet paprika - chili powder - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
- ½ cup organic peas
Calories: 580, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces; season generously with salt and pepper and the adobo spice blend.
Prep the vegetables and rice
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Rinse the rice.
- Remove the stems from the sweet mini peppers, shake out any seeds, and thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the arroz con pollo
- Rinse the rice.
- Shake out the seeds from the peppers.
- Measure the water for the arroz con pollo.
- Garnish with the cilantro.