In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pulled chicken and pinto bean stacked enchiladas with tomatillo sauce
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
These stacked enchiladas are a fun spin on the original, made easy thanks to our house-made enchilada and tomatillo sauces.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces pulled cooked chicken breast
- Sunbasket enchilada sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- Sunbasket tomatillo sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
Calories 620, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 49g (18% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 54g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken and enchilada sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
While the chicken and enchilada sauce cook, prepare the scallions and beans.
Prep the scallions; cook the refried beans
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Set aside for assembling the enchiladas.
- Rinse the pinto beans.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through 2 to 3 minutes. Return the beans to the bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
Heat the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Assemble the stacked enchiladas
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the beans.
- Mash the beans.
- Help assemble the stacked enchiladas.
- Drizzle the tomatillo sauce.