In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pulled chicken lettuce cups with barberries
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
With pre-cooked pulled chicken, these lettuce cups come together fast—keeping your kitchen cool while the outside temperatures rise.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons barberries
- 10 ounces pulled cooked white-meat chicken
- 1 organic celery rib
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket avocado mayo (avocado - coconut milk - Dijon mustard - lemon juice - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories 510, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Rehydrate the barberries; heat the chicken
- In a small bowl, cover the barberries with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain. Set aside for the salad.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start preparing the celery and onion.
Make the chicken salad
- Chop the celery into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato crosswise into ¼-inch slices.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
- Time the barberries as they soak.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the chicken salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the lettuce cups.