In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pulled chicken lettuce cups with barberries
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
With pre-cooked pulled chicken, these lettuce cups come together fast—keeping your kitchen cool while the outside temperatures rise.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons barberries
- 10 ounces pulled cooked white-meat chicken
- 1 organic celery rib
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket avocado mayo (avocado - coconut milk - Dijon mustard - lemon juice - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories: 510, Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Rehydrate the barberries; heat the chicken
- In a small bowl, cover the barberries with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain. Set aside for the salad.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start preparing the celery and onion.
Make the chicken salad
- Chop the celery into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato crosswise into ¼-inch slices.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
- Time the barberries as they soak.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the chicken salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the lettuce cups.