Pulled pork sliders with coleslaw and corn on the cob
15 – 25 Minutes
Take a dinnertime road trip to eastern North Carolina with these fast and easy authentic sliders.
- 1¼ pounds braised pork shoulder
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- North Carolina vinegar sauce base (apple cider vinegar - ketchup - maple syrup - sweet smoked paprika - vegan Worcestershire - Dijon mustard)
- 1½ teaspoons red chile flakes (optional)
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 12 slider buns
If you’d like to warm the buns, place them, uncut, on a sheet pan and heat them in a 350°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes, then slice the buns in half.
Prep and cook the corn
- Let the braised pork shoulder come to room temperature.
- Shuck the corn; break or cut the ears in half.
While the water heats and the corn cooks, prepare the pork.
Heat the pork
While the pork heats, prepare the coleslaw.
Make the coleslaw
Assemble the sliders
- Cut the buns in half.
- Shuck the corn.
- Stir together the coleslaw.
- Assemble their own sliders.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 88g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup): 12 g (24% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk, soy, wheat.