In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pulled pork sugo with orecchiette and romaine-parsley salad
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Orecchiette pasta tossed in a meaty sauce with pulled pork we cook for you delivers a rich comfort meal for the whole family to enjoy alongside a simple romaine salad.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 10 ounces orecchiette
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ¾ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sugo spice blend (dried oregano - nutmeg)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 romaine hearts
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Calories: 780, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
- Let the braised pork shoulder come to room temperature.
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the pork sugo.
Start the pork sugo
- Cut any large pancetta pieces into ¼-inch cubes.
Add the mirepoix, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until starting to darken, about 1 minute. Stir in the sugo spice blend and as many chile flakes as you like and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Finish the pork sugo
While the sugo simmers, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure out ¼ cup water for the sugo.
- Tear the romaine leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Serve the meal.