Pulled pork sugo with orecchiette and romaine-parsley salad
25 – 35 Minutes
Orecchiette pasta tossed in a meaty sauce with pulled pork we cook for you delivers a rich comfort meal for the whole family to enjoy alongside a simple romaine salad.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 10 ounces orecchiette
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ¾ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sugo spice blend (dried oregano - nutmeg)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 romaine hearts
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Here in the United States, nutmeg may be best known as a signature component of pumpkin spice. But in northern Italy, it’s a popular ingredient in savory pasta sauces like Bolognese or this sugo.
Calories: 780, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.