In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pulled-pork taquitos with tomatillo salsa verde and queso fresco
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Spanish for “little tacos,” taquitos consist of fresh tortillas tightly rolled around a delicious filling, like our braised pork with smoky simmer sauce.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- Sunbasket Mexican simmer sauce base (tomatoes - yellow onion - EVOO - fresh garlic - chili powder - sweet smoked paprika - coriander - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- ¼ cup crushed tomatillos
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 ounce queso fresco
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories: 610, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the taquito filling
- Let the braised pork shoulder come to room temperature.
While the pork cooks and cools, prepare the salsa verde.
Make the tomatillo salsa verde
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Warm the tortillas; assemble the taquitos
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the queso fresco. Divide into two equal portions, one for the taquitos and one for garnish.
Place the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the taquito filling evenly among the tortillas, spreading the filling over the bottom third of each tortilla, and sprinkle with half the queso fresco. Roll up each tortilla as tightly as you can.
Cook the taquitos
- Stir the salsa verde.
- Divide the queso fresco into two portions.
- Roll up the taquitos.
- Garnish the taquitos.