In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pumpkin seed–crusted sole with warm carrot salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
We’ve got a thing for seeds. Crunchy, nutty, and full of nutrients, chopped pumpkin seeds coat tender sole for a crispy layer that’s even better than breading.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket sazón seasoning (achiote - granulated garlic - cumin - onion powder - turmeric - coriander)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Nutrition per serving
Calories 410, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, start preparing the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Coarsely chop the pumpkin seeds. Transfer to a plate and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the sazón seasoning, then gently press the fish into the pumpkin seeds, coating both sides (for skin-on snapper, apply the pumpkin seeds only to the fleshy side).
In the same pan used for the carrots, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, turning once, until the fish is cooked through and the pumpkin seeds are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side for sole and 3 to 4 minutes per side for halibut, salmon, or snapper. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
To the bowl with the carrots, add the tomatoes, lemon juice, 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, and half the cilantro and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fish and warm carrot salad to individual plates. Garnish with the remaining cilantro and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a plate.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro.