In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pumpkin seed–crusted sole with warm carrot salad
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
In this 20-minute gluten-free meal, we season the fish with a blend of cumin, turmeric, and coriander, then coat the fillets with roasted pumpkin seeds.
In your bag
- 2 organic carrots
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket sazón seasoning (achiote - granulated garlic - cumin - onion powder - turmeric - coriander)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 430, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Prep and cook the fish
- Coarsely chop the pumpkin seeds. Transfer to a plate and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the sazón seasoning, then gently press the fish into the pumpkin seeds, coating both sides (for skin-on snapper, apply the pumpkin seed crust only to the fleshy side).
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a plate.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro.