In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken chow mein with fresh ramen and stir-fried vegetables
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Skip Chinese takeout and re-create this popular noodle dish with fresh ramen and vegetables stir-fried in our tamari-based sauce.
In your bag
- 6 ounces Moon Noodles fresh ramen
- 1 organic celery rib
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 500, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Stir in the ramen and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the water is heating and the ramen is cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the vegetables; finish the chow mein
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the celery and white parts of the scallions and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the ramen and carrots and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Stir in your protein and stir-fry blend, toss to coat, and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chow mein to individual plates, garnish with the green parts of the scallions, and serve.
- Fill a pot with water for the ramen.
- Time the ramen.
- Garnish with the scallions.