In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quick-poached cod with broccoli, white beans, and olives
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Easy and quick, poached cod fillets with broccoli, white beans, and a splash of lemon juice (cooked all in one pan!) burst with bright Mediterranean flavor.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 440, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Rinse the white beans.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the 2nd lemon for another use.]
Cook the vegetables and fish
Add the beans, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] white wine (from your pantry), if using, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the olives and fish, and cook, turning the fish once, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side for cod, 3 to 5 minutes per side for halibut, and 1 to 2 minutes per side for trout. Remove from the heat, stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and season to taste with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the water for poaching.
- Garnish with the lemon zest.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.