In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pozole verde with mild chiles, red radish, and avocado
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Tangy green pozole comes together in about 15 minutes; light but with deep flavor, this hearty and warming soup is just right for a late fall supper.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup cooked hominy
- 1½ cups cooked pinto beans
- 1½ cups crushed tomatillos
- ⅓ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories: 620, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 33g (132% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 91g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 37g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the pozole
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups]. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for garnish.
While the onion cooks, prepare the hominy and beans.
Finish the pozole
- Rinse the hominy and pinto beans.
While the pozole simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the hominy and beans.
- Measure the water for the pozole.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Garnish the pozole.