In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa and black bean tacos with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Quinoa makes a surprisingly delicious taco filling, especially when blended with black beans, roasted red peppers, and our custom-made taco seasoning.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 5 ounces organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket taco seasoning (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Calories 660, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 330mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 105g (38% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 21g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Assemble the cabbage slaw
Prep and cook the remaining taco filling ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Rinse the black beans.
While the filling cooks, prepare the garnishes and the tortillas.
Prep the garnishes; warm the tortillas
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Assemble the cabbage slaw.
- Rinse the beans.
- Count the tortillas.
- Help assemble the tacos.