Quinoa and black bean tacos with cabbage slaw
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
While it may not seem an obvious choice for a taco filling, quinoa takes well to traditional Mexican spices, like the cumin and ancho chile powder in our custom taco seasoning. For added richness, we like to combine it with black beans and sweet roasted red peppers. The tangy slaw adds crunch.
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- 6 ounces Napa cabbage
- Slaw dressing (rice vinegar - brown sugar - salt)
- 1 to 2 shallots
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 cup black beans
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Taco seasoning (cumin - ancho chile - granulated garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the slaw and the taco filling.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Thinly slice the cabbage.
Prep the taco filling ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Coarsely chop the roasted red peppers.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook the taco filling
While the filling cooks, warm the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 750, Protein: 25 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Carbohydrates: 127 g, Fiber: 15 g, Added Sugar: 9 g, Sodium: 1060 mg