Quinoa and black bean tacos with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
25 – 35 Minutes
While it may not seem an obvious choice for a taco filling, quinoa takes well to traditional Mexican spices, including the cumin and ancho chile powder in our custom taco seasoning. For even more oomph, we combine the quinoa with earthy black beans and sweet roasted red peppers, then top everything off with a tangy slaw.
In your bag
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- 5 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Black bean taco seasoning (cumin - ancho chile - granulated garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Fiber: 23g (92% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 126g (42% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars (Honey): 13g (26% DV).