Quinoa and chickpea pilaf with tahini goddess dressing
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean
Developed by one of our Sun Basket Test Kitchen team mamas, this kid-friendly Mediterranean-inspired dish lets any parent get dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket tahini goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - fresh lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
Quick-pickled onions are a great garnish for salads, sandwiches, eggs, and grain bowls. If you have any left over, cover and refrigerate them for up to 1 week.
Calories: 530, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 27g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.