In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa and tofu bowls with pickled vegetables and cashew-lime dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free? That’s right, this Vietnamese-inspired bowl rocks all worlds with pickled radishes and carrots, fresh cilantro, and our rich cashew-lime dressing.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket cashew-lime dressing (cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - water - toasted sesame oil - maple syrup - lime juice - sambal oelek - garlic - ginger)
Calories 560, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
In a small sauce pot, combine the quinoa and 1 cup [2 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, pickle the radishes and carrots.
Make the quick-pickled radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, and quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the tofu in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Meanwhile, finish the quinoa.
Prep the cilantro; finish the quinoa
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
To the pot with the quinoa, stir in the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the quinoa to individual bowls. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine. Top the quinoa with the vegetables, tofu, and cabbage. Drizzle with the cashew-lime dressing and serve.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Stir the radishes, carrots, and brine.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Assemble their own bowls.