In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa and tofu bowls with cashew-lime dressing
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Get your low-carb fix with this “banh mi” in a bowl. It’s got a whole lotta flavor to love—pickled vegetables, fresh cilantro, and our tangy cashew-lime dressing.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket cashew-lime dressing (cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - water - toasted sesame oil - maple syrup - lime juice - sambal oelek - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 570, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
In a small sauce pot, combine the quinoa and 1 cup [2 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, pickle the radishes and carrots.
Make the quick-pickled radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, and quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Arrange the tofu in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Meanwhile, finish the quinoa.
Prep the cilantro; finish the quinoa
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
To the pot with the quinoa, stir in the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the quinoa to individual bowls. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine. Top the quinoa with the vegetables, tofu, and cabbage. Drizzle with the cashew-lime dressing and serve.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Stir the radishes, carrots, and brine.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Assemble their own bowls.