Quinoa and white bean burgers with roasted sweet potato fries
Vegetarian, Soy Free
35 - 45 Minutes
A burger and fries Sun Basket style means high-protein patties made with quinoa and white beans, served with a healthy side of roasted sweet potatoes. Dill-infused yogurt and Persian cucumbers give the dish a fresh Mediterranean flavor.
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¾ pound peeled sweet potato wedges
- ¾ cup cooked white beans
- 1 carrot
- 2 scallions
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Burger spice blend (harissa powder - cumin - garlic powder - coriander)
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- Fresh dill
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 whole wheat buns
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the sweet potatoes.
Roast the sweet potato wedges
- Cut any large sweet potato wedges in half lengthwise.
While the sweet potatoes roast, make the burgers.
Prep the burgers
- Rinse the white beans.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the end; grate the carrot.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the cucumber raita.
Make the cucumber raita; toast the buns
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers; thinly slice the cucumbers crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 680, Protein: 22 g, Total Fat: 26 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 85 ng, Carbohydrates: 92 g, Fiber: 15 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 690 mg
Contains: milk, wheat, eggs