Quinoa and white-bean burgers with roasted sweet potato fries
35 – 45 Minutes
Stay home on burger night with these savory, high-protein patties and oven-roasted sweet potato fries. An herby yogurt sauce full of juicy cukes ties it all together.
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¾ pound sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup cooked white beans
- 1 carrot
- 2 scallions
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Burger spice blend (harissa powder - cumin - granulated garlic - coriander)
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- Fresh dill
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 whole wheat buns
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the sweet potatoes.
Prep and roast the sweet potato wedges
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the sweet potatoes roast, make the burgers.
Prep the burgers
- Rinse the white beans.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the end; grate the carrot.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the cucumber raita.
Make the cucumber raita; toast the buns
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers; thinly slice the cucumbers crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Toast the whole wheat buns in the oven until lightly crisped, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 760, Protein: 21g, Total Fat: 25g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Carbohydrates: 105g, Fiber: 21g, Sugar: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 610mg
Contains: milk, soy, wheat, eggs.