In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa bowls with kale, mushrooms, and goat cheese medallions
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
A touch of honey adds just enough sweetness to our protein-rich quinoa bowls, filled with rosemary-scented vegetables and topped with crisp goat cheese rounds.
In your bag
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 5 ounces baby kale
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the goat cheese
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. The zest will be divided between the panko mixture and the cooked quinoa bowls.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon. Set aside half for the mushrooms.
While the goat cheese chills, prepare the quinoa.
Cook the quinoa
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, finish the goat cheese medallions.
Dredge and cook the goat cheese medallions
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl; with a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- In another shallow bowl or plate, combine the panko and 1 teaspoon lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer.
- Remove the goat cheese from the freezer and cut the log crosswise into six ½-inch-thick medallions.
While the goat cheese cooks, prepare the mushrooms.
Prep and cook the mushrooms; finish the dish
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and sherry vinegar.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts for garnish.
Stir in the quinoa and cook until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the honey mixture, kale, and remaining lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.