Quinoa fritters with arugula-tangerine salad
30 – 40 Minutes
These simple cakes form a gorgeous, crisp crust when pan-seared. A bright tangerine and arugula salad plus our tangy tahini-yogurt sauce round out the meal. If you have time, prepare the fritters a day ahead and refrigerate them overnight before cooking. That will help them hold their shape, and will make preparing dinner the next evening even easier.
- 1/3 cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 scallions
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tangerines
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sun Basket tahini-yogurt sauce (Greek yogurt - tahini - lemon juice - water - salt)
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
Prep the fritter ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop ¼ cup of the arugula, reserving the rest for the salad.
- Zest 1 tangerine.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and lightly beat.
Cook the fritters
Make the salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the tangerines; cut the fruit in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼ -inch-thick slices, discarding any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Calories 640, Protein: 19 g, Fiber: 8 g, Total Fat: 44 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 23.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 115 mg, Sodium: 590 mg, Carbohydrates: 49 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat