In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fritters with arugula-blueberry salad and walnuts
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Thanks to panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan, these easy, protein-rich quinoa patties form a gorgeous crisp crust when pan-cooked.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ pound organic blueberries
- Sunbasket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)
Calories: 690, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
Prep the remaining fritter ingredients; make the quinoa patties
- Finely chop ¼ cup [½ cup] of the arugula; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the fritters
Make the arugula-blueberry salad; prep the yogurt topping
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic yogurt and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the arugula and scallions.
- Stir the vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the arugula-blueberry salad.
- Top the fritters with garlic yogurt and scallions.