In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fritters with arugula-blueberry salad and walnuts
Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Thanks to panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan, these easy, protein-rich quinoa patties form a gorgeous crisp crust when pan-cooked.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ pound organic blueberries
- Sun Basket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)
Make It Ahead
The quinoa patties can be assembled (but not cooked) up to 1 day ahead (Steps 1 and 2). Cover and refrigerate the patties and scallion garnish separately overnight. The time spent in the fridge will help the patties hold their shape as they cook. When ready to serve, cook the fritters (Step 3) and make the salad (Step 4).
Calories: 690, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
Prep the remaining fritter ingredients; make the quinoa patties
- Finely chop ¼ cup [½ cup] of the arugula; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the fritters
Make the arugula-blueberry salad; prep the yogurt topping
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic yogurt and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the arugula and scallions.
- Stir the vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the arugula-blueberry salad.
- Top the fritters with garlic yogurt and scallions.